Whilst it may be pumpkin spiced latte and sweater weather, the darker, colder days and the realisation that summer is officially over can all be a bit depressing.
Don’t worry though I’ve got you covered, I’m here to show you this time of year doesn’t have to be all about X-Factor ballads and sad songs. I have created a great playlist to get you through it. Combining equal parts, chilled house, indie and urban, it’s like a good ‘morning after the night before’ party for your ears.
I have included a number of new artists such as Låpsley, Jack Garratt and Feder as well as some of my favourite tracks from Lana Del Rey, ODESZA and Duke Dumont from the last few months. We also see a welcome return from MØ, The Neighbourhood and Goldfish, who are all back with new tunes to take us into Autumn.
Stand out songs include ‘Love Me’ from The 1975, who I will be catching on their UK tour next month and ‘Weathered’ by Jack Garratt which is possibly the greatest song of the year. Speaking of tours, I went to see Years & Years recently so have included ‘Border’ which is one of my favourite tracks on the album.
A couple more album tracks from Chvrches, The Weeknd and Kanye West have also been included as I actually prefer some of these to the singles that have been released.
Whether you are wrapped up warm at home, or enjoying a brisk Autumn walk somewhere, I hope you enjoy these cool, crisp sounds. Let me know what you think.
- Love Me – The 1975
- R.I.P 2 My Youth – The Neighbourhood
- Magnets (Feat. Lorde) – Disclosure
- Holding On (Feat. Josef Salvat, Niia) – Tourist
- Ocean Drive – Duke Dumont
- Say Say Say (2015 Remix) – Paul McCartney & Michael Jackson
- Guilt Trip (Feat. Kid Cudi) – Kanye West
- Weathered – Jack Garratt
- High By The Beach – Lana Del Rey
- Playing Dead – Chvrches
- Goodbye (Feat. Lyse) – Feder
- Real Life – The Weeknd
- Breathe Life – Jack Garratt
- Something About You (ODESZA Remix) – Hayden James
- Light (Feat Little Dragon) – ODESZA
- Heart Shaped Box (Feat. Julia Church) – Goldfish
- Border – Years & Years
- Kamikaze – MØ
- Hurt Me – Låpsley
What have you been listening to lately?