Happy New Year! It seems five minutes since I was thinking about the things I wanted to achieve during 2017, but here we are again!
Before I start, I would just like to say a huge thank you to anyone who has taken the time to support my blog over the past 12 months, I can’t believe I’m celebrating 3 years already.
I don’t really believe in New Years resolutions so I never set myself any in 2017. Instead I set myself a number of things I wanted to focus on or achieve during the year which I found much more motivational. Looking back, some things I have succeeded in, others not so much, but thats okay. The goals I set myself were mainly to do with my blog and growing it. However this year has been BUSY and I haven’t been able to commit the time I had wanted to blogging, I even considered giving it up on more than one occasion but I’m still giving it my best.
In terms of traffic to my site, this year has been the best, and in particular the last quarter has been my best in terms of views and visitors since I started my blog, despite not really posting much! Theres still a few things on my to-do list from last year I’m going to bring forward to 2018, the rest are going to be more personal goals to keep me focused during the year.
01. Blog redesign. I know I have been saying this for sometime now so I really just need to get on with it. Along side this I want to focus more on improving my social media platforms. I feel that I lost interest in instagram this year, however I’m going to start posting a lot more and not concentrate about the images fitting a certain ‘theme’ – I want it to be a lot more personal and hope to see an improvement in terms of numbers and how regular I post.
02. Open myself up to more opportunities. Make an effort to network more and attend events to help support my blog. I went to my first blogger event and have worked with some great brands this year but need to find the time to put ‘myself out there’ a bit more.
03. Get healthy. I wouldn’t say I’m unhealthy but I do have a tendency to over indulge from time to time. Who doesn’t order pizza every week? When I focus on something I can usually achieve it, it’s just that initial motivation to get going again. Ive had 2 months away from the gym now so its time to kick myself back into gear now. Im going to also be more aware of what I’m eating and try to eat a lot better this year!
04. Plan a big holiday. Although I went to Paris, Barcelona and had a summer holiday to Gran Canaria in 2017, I put travelling on the back burner due to saving for the house. I hope we are able to do a big holiday this year and do a few city trips, I think we deserve it! I have a few places in mind so watch this space.
05. Make my house a home. Although we have only just moved in we have started to transform the house into our ideal space already. Theres a few bigger projects which we plan to do in time but house goals for this year would be to finish the downstairs. We are hoping to have a new kitchen at some point and I would love to have the fireplace replaced in the lounge. The areas we are going to concentrate on are the lounge, kitchen and garden. I hope to bring a load of house-related content to my blog through out the year too!
I think thats enough to be getting on with for now. I’m feeling really motivated at the moment so can’t wait to get started.
Have you set yourself any goals this year?